- 1 MaKr Melzi controller board [fully-assembled and tested]
- 1 MaKr graphic LCD control panel [fully-assembled and tested]
- 4 Pololu-compatible A4988 motor driver modules [fully-assembled and tested]
- 2 cables for connecting the LCD panel to the controller board, 15cm, 6- and 10-pole
- 4 metal standoffs (M3x30mm) for mounting the LCD panel to the controller board or housing
- 4 M3 screws and 4 spring washers
Please note: Neither a microSD card nor a Mini-USB cable is included. To connect the board to your PC you will need an additional Mini-USB cable. For printing from SD card you will need a microSD card (card must support SPI mode).
About the MaKr Melzi controller board:
- Double the memory (128kB flash memory instead of the usual 64kB) allows you to take advantage of the gLCD’s full capabilities
- Screw terminals for all electrical connections – no crimping or soldering required
- Additional solder pads to allow addition of 2.54mm Molex connectors
- Full support for dual Z-axis designs like the Prusa Mendel – pads for two parallel connectors for the Z-Axis
- Power outputs can be used as direct spindle and pump drives for CNC applications
- Comes with 4 pluggable standard motor driver modules, easily exchangeable
- Nearly lossless reverse power protection, with no heatsink required
- No heatsinks required for the power outputs, even at full load
- USB-UART converter based on Microchip MCP2200 – offers up to 8 software controllable GPIO pins
- Modification- and extension-friendly PCB design despite being based on SMT technology – all relevant internal signals are accessible at solder pads with standard 2.54mm pitch
- Extensive documentation on the silkscreen – all connectors, jumper and pads are clearly marked (see product images above)
- Switched DC/DC converter for 5V generation
- Improved EMC protection for the microSD slot and the USB connection
- Designed from the ground up with the requirements of mass production in mind, resulting in a lower sales price
Want more information about the MaKr Melzi board? Read the full story here.
About the MaKr graphic LCD control panel:
Our graphic control panel adds a comfortable user interface to the printer hardware to allow for stand-alone printing from a microSD card. It features a blue graphic LCD with white backlight, a microSD-card reader, switch encoder and buzzer.
The MaKr control panel connects very easily to the controller board – just plug in the two included cables. Our controller board even includes mounting holes that match up with the control panel’s PCB. Using the included screws and spacers the panel and board can be assembled into one compact unit without a big mess of cables.
The display contrast is fully software-controllable, no need for a contrast adjustment poti. The backlight can be switched on and off using any digital output signal. If connected to a PWM capable output, dimming is possible.
Want more information about the MaKr graphic LCD control panel? Read the full story here.
About the Pololu-compatible A4988 motor driver modules:
No soldering required! Our motor driver modules come fully assembled, including pre-mounted pin headers. Most other vendors leave this final assembly step to their customers.
These pluggable stepper motor driver modules are based on the Allegro A4988. They drive a motor at up to 1.5A at 8-35V, and are compatible with the well-known Pololu and StepStick driver modules.
Want more information about the MaKr motor driver modules? Read the full story here.
Still have questions? Send us an email!